Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rain


It's raining today. Actually it rained all night. It makes it harder to do things. Harder to go outside. Harder to run errands. Harder to drive. Harder to babysit. But at the same time, it is so peaceful. I have the lights off. The TVs off. All I hear is the sound of the rain that God is sending me. Rain is necessary in order for things to grow. Without rain, there would be no green. It would just be dirt. Without the rain, we would not have the beauty of this home away from home. Without rain, we would die. Hmm. Rain is sad yet peaceful. Melancholy. I believe that is the word. The sound of it is melancholy. I think that word describes me. I have always been a bit melancholy. I don't know why. Maybe because of my past. Maybe because of my poor decisions. Or maybe because God made me that way. I am where I am because God chose it. He made me who I am. He made me feel what I feel. He made me see what I see. He made today what it is. It's raining today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what your are saying about the rain! I always felt that way about rain too! It is so peaceful, yet melancholy. It is like tears. Melancholy also describes myself. Often when I hear the soothing sound of rain, I think about it as God comforting me.