Friday, January 29, 2010

A Few Scattered Thoughts

Thank you so much to those of you who have helped us out by purchasing some jewelry.  The adoption community is an awesome place to be and I would be lost without your wisdom and support.  You all "get it" and I love you for it. 

I have moved the fundraising info to the side column of the blog and will leave it there for a while and add to it occasionally.   If you see something you like, let me know.  Also feel free to spread the word about our fundraising efforts.

*******************************************

Can you say snow?   We woke up here this morning in our sleepy little town to a few flurries.  I was a bit dissapointed because I had been hearing forecasts of 6-8 inches!  However, it hasn't stopped snowing for a second today.  Now we have about 4 inches on the ground with no sign of stopping.  Today has turned into a cozy snow day.  Love it!  We have done a mountain of laundry, made Green Chili Cheese Soup and hot rolls, and snuggled up all day.

*******************************************

Today marks 60 days waiting for that ever elusive LOA.  At the beginning of the week, there was a rush of LOAs reported, and I became very hopeful for ours.  But, no go.  I am really hoping for it before Ch*inese New Year as the CC*A breaks for a week to celebrate.  This is the one most variable waiting period for SN adoption.  It could arrive in 1 month, 2 months, or 4 months.  With Sydney, we waited an agonizing 5 1/2 months.  Torturous!  I think that is why I have an underlying fear about our wait time.  I know that God holds the time of our LOA in his hands and I trust him completly.  However I also tend to be a bit of a worrier, but I am working on that. 

******************************************

I have several appointments set up for this week that will give me a little more to blog about.  In all reality, nothing much is going on around here that is blog-worthy. 
For now, I will leave you with this promise from our God:

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. 
God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing....
Psalms 68:5-6a


No comments: