Wednesday, June 27, 2007

VBS

Hi all! This week is VBS at our church. I am in charge of doing the whole youth department! That's right: crafts, rec, lesson, and anything else. It's been a bit of a challenge this week. We started off with some behavior problems. I didn't handle them well. I got frustrated and intimidated. Only a few times in ministry have I gotten "shook". This was one of them. The main "problem-child" is big. He's well over 6 feet. Wayne was outside preparing the building (crafts) part of it and I just teach better if he is in there with me. Anyway, the second night went better, but that was because they "problems" didn't come back. Please pray for me as we have the next 3 nights still to go. I want to show them Jesus, not scared frustrated Leah. I want to show them love, hope, peace, gentleness, kindness - I want to represent my Savior in a good way. Not "crazy church lady". Anyway.

I have been checking out Steven Curtis Chapman's family's blog of their trip to China! I thought you all might want to see it, too. Go to http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/asiaandbeyond/.
if you want to follow along, too.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Praying that everyone sees God through you...

Steffie B. said...

Thanks for the link...have a great weekend.