Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring!


Oh yes! Today is officially the first day of spring. Can you hear the angels rejoicing? After a long winter of being cooped up indoors, I am ready to move as much of our life as possible into the great outdoors. I am cleaning up our patio to prepare for dinners to be eaten out there. I am ready to reinstate our Sunday afternoon bar-b-que ritual. We have already fired up the chiminea. I love this time of year. It just feels like everything is being born again. Life is beginning everywhere you look. It is a very hopeful time of year that births many new plans in my busy little mind as well. My biggest goal right now is to create a new vegetable garden. We had a nice garden last year even though we didn't get it put out until June. But that small garden provided me a new passion: CANNING. I love it. We were able to put up quite a few green beans, jellies, and SALSA. Oh there is nothing like fresh salsa. After my supply was devoured, store bought just was not the same. So thoughts of a garden are foremost in my mind. However since last year, my sweet and sexy husband has built a pond where our garden was located. So I will spend today making the decision of where to build our new large veggie garden. Wayne has given me several ideas that will work well, but I am supposed to make the decision. So exploring I go.....

No comments: