Thursday, September 24, 2009

Adoption Update

Whew have I been busy! 


Sydney and I have zig zagged across the state to get our dossier documents together.  This included a trip to Jeff City (2 1/2 hours away) to gather certified birth and marriage certificates.  A trip to Farmington (1 hour away) to get new medical forms signed to replace the first ones where the dr put my weight in the height column and vice versa.  I then emailed it all to WACAP for pre-approval.  Next, a trip to Greenville (1 hour away) to get a new marriage certificate, because apparently the one from Jeff City wasn't good enough.  Next, back to Jeff City for state certification of all documents.  And lastly, another trip to the nearest UPS store (1 hour away) to send them all to Chicago for authentication at the Chinese Consulate.  They should be sent back to me on Tuesday.  Then it is off to WACAP with them to mark the end of our paperchase!!!! 

Well, we still have that one little detail of a $1750 fee.  We began this adoption with $0 in the bank to pay for it and God is providing every step of the way.  I am resting in him for this fee and he has already provided $525 of it.  I know he will provide the rest of it in his perfect time.  My perfect time will be by Tuesday, when I get my docs back.  But I will wait for his time.  Other than that, we have received confirmation from USCIS that they received our application & money and they will be sending us an appointment anyday.  As soon as our appointment comes, we are pretty much done. 

I do better with my busyness, because I feel like I am making progress daily.  The waiting for others, like the CC*A, is more stressful for me.  But I know that God is ultimately in control of the time and he will arrange everything to fall into place in perfect order.  He always has, he always will.  I also have some really cool confirmations from God to share when I have another minute, but right now I have got to go catch Sydney.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I feel the same way. I do better with the ball in my court. I feel like I'm getting more accomplished than when I have to wait on another country's government.

Mom 2 six said...

Hoping things go well your daughter is beautiful !