Thursday, February 25, 2010

Things are slowly returning to normal around here.  Well, as normal as it ever was.  Sydney is finally starting to sleep again.  That alone is enough to make Mommy sing praises.  It is amazing what a little sleep will do for this old body.  Getting up 5

(did ya hear me -5!)

times a night is a bit rough.  Makes me a little bit loopier than normal.  She is eating better, although still won't bite off anything.  I think she is afraid that it will hurt, more so than it is actually hurting.  She is a survivor for sure. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight marks the last regular season Varsity basketball game for Ashlyn.  All that is left is districts, which is played over the course of 7 days at a school 2 1/2 hours away. 

Nice.

And get this, the name of the town is Dora.  Trying explaining to a over-stressed 3 year old that we are going to Dora, but not her Dora from TV.  I can tell you right now that when we walk into Dora's gym and all she sees is another basketball game, she's not gonna be too happy.

And lest you think we are looking at a break in ball games, Sarah's first Jr High volleyball games is March 8!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are currently waiting on our I-800 provisional approval for Abbey...  
....then NCV cables us to Guanzhou...
....then Article 5 is issued...
....then TA is issued...
....then we can travel.

Estimated travel dates according to agency's average time frame: May 1- June 1.
Estimated travel dates according to R*Q's average time frame:  April 28.

With March right around the corner, (where did February go?), it is getting closer at an alarming speed.  Our finances are not where we had hoped.  We are construction and it is winter, ya know.  We have applied for several grants that I am really hoping come through.  We are also planning a yard sale to help our finances and to clear out some junk.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out where all this STUFF comes from.  It seems like I am constantly trying to purge closets.  I especially need to work in Sarah's room to get it ready for Abbey to share.  Her closet is packed with clothes that are not worn at all.  She could furnish an entire sale with her closet alone!  But when I look at the calendar, the next available date is April 3rd, which is Easter weekend.  Then the 10th is open too.  That is a little closer to travel than I would have liked.  I will contunue to trust that God will bring us to where we need to be to travel.  But I will also confess that I am getting a little nervous.  I know I will feel better when we file our '09 taxes, as we expect a refund.  I think the stresses of the last few weeks are getting me jumpy, and I need to relax in Jesus.....


It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)



Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31)


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. (Exodus 14:13a,14)


DO NOT BE AFRAID, FOR I AM WITH YOU;  I WILL BRING YOU CHILDREN FROM THE EAST AND GATHER YOU FROM THE WEST.
(Isaiah 43: 5)    

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

I'm so glad Sydney is feeling better. Bless her heart.

Love the passages you posted. God is certainly faithful to the end and He will make a way, for sure.

I can't wait for you to travel, get back and settled in so we can come see you guys! :) Or we could meet up in Branson! Good times await us! :)