Monday, March 1, 2010

Chirp Chirp

We received our I-800 approval on Friday! 
WoooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!

We should be sent to the NVC office on Tuesday.
Moving right along for sure.......

which means.......

let the nesting begin!

Oh doesn't this just scream SPRING!


I just have this huge urge to purge, scrub, organize, repaint, shampoo, air out, and basically

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!

And the thing is, I cannot remember being this behind in my housework.  Now I will be the first one to admit, I am NOT the best housekeeper.  My mom is the queen of clean.  It is unhuman how clean her house stays.  It always has been and I have absolutely no idea how she does this. 

We have been on the run so much that only the bare minimum has been attempted around here, and it shows.
A friend of mine, Patty, mentioned on her blog, after her 13 year old daughter from Luoyang came home, it made her look at how her family lives and does things in a whole new light.  When we adopt little ones, we are the normal they know.  When we adopt older kids, they come with many preconceived notions on how things are supposed to be done.  They have their own version of normal. 

I cannot imagine what Abbey would think if she saw my house this morning.

I seriously have to get my butt in gear and catch up around here.

And I know just who is gonna pitch in.

Oh yeah!  With help like this, we can do ANYTHING!

If you don't hear from me in a while, it means that retaliation  for posting above pictures has occured.  Please send backup.

4 comments:

Hezra said...

heh heh.. we are sending our troops out today too. I have GOT to get a grip on the house work. My crew is 12, down to 4 and they are SUCH MESS MAKERS! I shudder to think what their new sisters would think of the home here if they saw it now.

Carey said...

Yeah on the approval!!! woot! woot!!

And too funny on the pics. =) Happy nesting!

living4him5 said...

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Come on TA!!!

I love to nest.

Hugs,
Amy

Sandy said...

I'm living4him5's cousin and started reading your blog...Will pray for you guys.
Lovingly,
Sandy in NC